In order to ensure the smooth functioning of the official congress activities and optimal attendance by delegates, the following guidelines have been developed.
Codes & compliance
- It is the exhibitor’s/sponsor’s responsibility to consult and comply with guidelines and codes of practice applicable to Spain, Farmaindustria www.codigofarmaindustria.es, EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceuticals Industries & Associations) www.efpia.eu, IFPMA (International Federation of Pharmaceuticals Manufacturers & Associations) www.ifpma.org and EUCOMED www.eucomed.be Code of Practice with regard to the promotion of medicines, as well as the regulations of EACCME (The European Accrediation Council for CME) http://www.uems.eu/uems-activities/accreditation/eaccme.
- Signature of the relevant application forms to exhibit at or sponsor the 12th Congress of ECCO imply that the exhibitor/sponsor has reviewed the applicable guidelines and codes, will adhere to these and accepts sole liability in case of non-compliance with the prevalent codes.
- Please also refer to the ECCO’17 Exhibitor & Sponsor Prospectus for a full list of ECCO Industry Guidelines (Terms & conditions).
- Further information on compliance is also available here.
Other activities during the 12th Congress of ECCO
The industry is allowed to organise activities/events at the given congress dates. However, it is strictly forbidden to schedule these parallel to any official ECCO event and the core programme. “Non-industry”-associated organisations that wish to hold activities in conjunction with the 12th Congress of ECCO must submit an application to the ECCO Office.
- Closed meetings of a small size (max. 20 pax) may take place during the Congress, but only invited participants may attend. These meetings shall NOT be open to the general congress participants. Please make particular effort to avoid conflicts with the scientific programme.
- No activities are to be scheduled that would take delegates away from CCIB Barcelona during the official scientific programme.
- ECCO will ensure that the location of industry meeting rooms will be outlined in the general congress signage and that the rooms themselves will have a sufficient level of signage. Please note that no movable-roll ups or other type of signage may be set up by industry meeting room sponsors in corridors outside the meeting room or in general areas.
- ECCO will only accept responsibility for booking the meeting room at CCIB Barcelona. Thereafter, the industry meeting room sponsor is responsible for organising F&B, AV and other supplies. ECCO will share contact details of the respective suppliers in due course.
- Please note that industry meetings during the 12th Congress of ECCO can only be held at CCIB Barcelona. Meetings outside the congress venue cannot be accepted.
Timing of events
- The industry is welcome to offer additional events which should, however, not take place in parallel with the official events or core programme of the congress. No events may be held in parallel to the official congress hours of the 12th Congress of ECCO:
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 08:00-18:00
- Thursday, February 16, 2017, 08:00-20:00
- Friday, February 17, 2017, 07:15-19:30
- Saturday, February 18, 2017, 07:15-13:00
- Events can be organised outside the official core programme hours of the 12th Congress of ECCO at the following times:
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017, from 18:00
- Thursday, February 16, 2017, from 20:00
- Saturday, February 18, 2017, from 13:00
- Note: No activities are to be scheduled on Friday evening (ECCO Interaction).
- Transportation to social events must not coincide with the official congress hours of the 12th Congress of ECCO (as outlined above).