Standards of Care in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
"UEG: Digestive Health in Children Event and exhibition"
On May 31-June 1, 2016, the Digestive Health and Children Event & Exhibition, hosted by MEP Michèle Rivasi (Greens/EFA), was held in the European Parliament.
As participants of this event, ECCO was happy to help raise awareness for nutrition in IBD and the importance of nurses in IBD patient care.
Challenges we face:
• Empowering patients in their life with IBD
• Lack of specialized nurses in IBD in Europe
• Fragmentation of clinical practice and standards of care
• Lack of cross-project cooperation in Europe-wide research on IBD
Actions we take:
ECCO-EFCCA Patient Guidelines:
• Sharing research and guidance
• Fostering patient-physician dialogue
IBD Nurse – key to IBD care:
• Defining the role of IBD Nurses
• Improving specialized nurse education throughout Europe
Practical tools for physicians:
• Checklist to improve everyday local patient care
• Clinical guidelines for diagnosis and therapy
A platform for pioneer research:
• European-wide exchange of IBD expertise
• Cross-border cooperation in scientific research in IBD