Search in the Abstract Database

Abstracts Search 2019

N23 IBD patients experience of the care given at the Stockholm Gastro Centre

S. Jäghult*1,2, S. Soto Villagran2, S. Pengel2, L. Niculae2

1Karolinska Institutet Danderyd Hospital, Department of Clinicla Science, Stockholm, Sweden, 2GHP Stockholm Gastro Center, Stockholm, Sweden

Background

Patient-reported Experience Measure (PREM) is questionnaires measuring the patients experience of and satisfaction with the care. The aim with PREM is to give the healthcare professionals important information about possible deficiencies in order make improvements. To be able to improve the care, the patients experiences and knowledge may be determinant, and PREM is one tool to use that captures these aspects. The national quality registry, SWIBREG, is used in all parts of Sweden and today approximately 45 000 patients are registered. Four questions have been designed to measure the patients experience of the care given and it is today possible to assess these data in the registry. The aim is to access PREM in patients with IBD and to compare the results with those 2 years ago when the last measurement was done at Stockholm Gastro Center.

Methods

The questionnaire was sent by mail to all patients with IBD at the Stockholm Gastro Center (n = 1157) during the period January-February 2018. At Stockholm Gastro Center the aim is to assess PREM once a year, during this time period. The questions are concerning experience regarding given information, participation, accessibility, and the behaviour of the healthcare professionals. A three- and four-graded Likert scale was used. The results were registered in SWIBREG and then analysed descriptive but also comparative with the results from 2 years ago.

Results

A total of 440 patients answered the questions. The results show that 94% of the patients experienced the given information to be very good or rather good. A total of 6% stated it to be rather bad or very bad. The question concerning participation showed that 91% experienced it to be adequate. A total of 97% of the patients experience the accessability to the care at Stockholm Gastro Center to be very good or rather good. Regarding the healthcare professionals behaviour, 99% of the patients experienced it to be very good or rather good. Only 1% stated it to be very bad or rather bad. No big changes could be found when comparing with the results with those 2 years ago. Overall the results have decreased a bit but no significant changes were found.

Conclusion

PREM shows that the majority of the patients experience that the given information, the assessibility, and the behaviour of the healthcare professionals to be good. Most patients also experience an adequate participation in the care. No significant changes could be found when comparing the results from this year with the results from 2 years ago, however, the results are a bit impaired this year.