Submit an abstract
Another record number of abstracts have been submitted for the 13th Congress of ECCO. Out of 1,366 submitted scientific abstracts, 1,012 abstracts have been accepted.
Scientific abstracts presented at the 13th Congress of ECCO:
- 38 Oral presentations in the Scientific programme
- 90 Digital Oral Presentations
- 884 Poster presentations
Full abstracts will be published on the ECCO Website by the end of January 2017.
- JUNE 09, 2017
- Call for abstracts
- DECEMBER 4, 2017
- Extended deadline for abstract submission (23:59h, CET)
- There will be NO late-breaking abstract submission, so aim to get your abstract in on time!
- December 22, 2017
- Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection
The submission of abstracts will be available online from June 9, 2017 to December 4, 2017 (23:59h, CET). Abstracts sent by mail, e-mail or fax are not accepted.
The submitter does not necessarily have to be the primary author. Upon submission, abstracts can be edited, deleted or simply reloaded. After the expiry of the deadline, abstracts can only be withdrawn in writing.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines for abstract submission
All abstracts submitted by December 4, 2017 (23:59h, CET) will be reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
Submitted abstracts may be considered for oral (the best 38 abstracts will be chosen for oral presentation), digital oral presentation (the next best ~90 abstracts) or hard copy poster presentation.
Notifications of acceptance of abstracts (oral presentation, digital oral presentation or hard copy poster presentation) will be e-mailed to the authors by December 22, 2017.
Please note that all abstracts will only be included in the final programme if the corresponding author has formally registered and paid the registration fee. For guidelines for abstract presentations (oral, digital oral or hard copy poster) please follow this link.
- The 38 best abstracts will receive an oral presentation slot in the scientific programme of the 13th Congress of ECCO.
- The next best ~90 abstracts will be digital oral presentations, with a 5 minute oral presentation on either Thursday, February 15, 2018 from 17:30-18:30 or Friday, February 16, 2018 from 17:20-18:20.
- The remaining accepted abstracts will be displayed as hard copy posters throughout the Congress.
For further information, please refer to the guidelines for presentation.
ECCO encourages young investigators to submit their original work.
The 10 best digital orals will be selected by the Chairs moderating the digital oral sessions and will be awarded with a prize (certificate and free congress registration to the 14th Congress of ECCO) during the poster award ceremony on Saturday, February 17, 2018, 12:50-12:55 during the “Closing remarks” in the Plenary hall.
Please note there will be no late-breaking abstract submission at the 13th Congress of ECCO.
All abstracts will be available on the congress website approx. 1 month prior to the congress. Information in abstracts accepted for the 13th Congress of ECCO will be under embargo from release until the start of the 13th Congress of ECCO.
Data from abstracts of oral & digital oral presentations and hard copy poster presentations accepted for the 13th Congress of ECCO are under media embargo until the date and time of their presentation as part of the official scientific sessions (Time zone CET).