ECCO Educational Workshops - objectives, programme and facts
The primary goal of ECCO Educational Workshops is to harmonise IBD practices within ECCO Country Members by presenting the practical use of the ECCO Guidelines on Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Additionally, the Workshops provide continuous medical education with the ultimate aim of improving the quality of care for patients with IBD.
The programme of the workshop is created around clinical cases illustrated by a set of ECCO Statements with the intention of being as educational and interactive as possible. This gives participants the opportunity to take active part in the discussions. The programme consists of cases, specifically designed for the ECCO Educational Worskhops, to be used by ECCO and local lecturers. This allows a common message to be presented and maintains a high level of quality at each individual workshop.
ECCO Educational Workshops are aimed at individuals who are interested in IBD and provide an ideal opportunity to network whilst receiving an update on the latest ECCO Guidelines by top gastroenterologists in Europe.
How to apply as host destination:
- Call for countries opens each spring with a September deadline.
- Contact the National Representatives of your country.
Call for 2019 Workshop Destinations
Host country application form
POSTER Where we have been
- 60 ECCO Educational Workshops organised from 2007-2018
- 3-4 ECCO Educational Workshops within Europe each year
- 1 ECCO Educational Workshop outside of Europe each year
- Participation for ECCO Members (current paid up membership)
- CME accredited (European Workshops)
- Syllabus with ECCO Guidelines for participants
ECCO Educational Workshops 2019
Future ECCO Educational Workshops to be announced soon.
ECCO Educational Workshops 2018