In order to ensure the smooth functioning of the official congress activities and optimal attendance by delegates, the following guidelines have been developed.
Codes & compliance
- It is the exhibitor’s/sponsor’s responsibility to consult and comply with guidelines and codes of practice applicable to Austria – Pharmig Code of Conduct http://www.pharmig.at
- Furthermore, the exhibitors/sponsors must consult and comply with relevant guidelines set forth by EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceuticals Industries & Associations) https://www.efpia.eu/, IFPMA (International Federation of Pharmaceuticals Manufacturers & Associations) www.ifpma.org and EUCOMED www.eucomed.be Code of Practice with regard to the promotion of medicines, as well as the regulations of EACCME (The European Accreditation Council for CME) http://www.uems.eu/uems-activities/accreditation/eaccme.
- Signature of the relevant application forms to exhibit at or sponsor the 13th Congress of ECCO imply that the exhibitor/sponsor has reviewed the applicable guidelines and codes, will adhere to these and accepts sole liability in case of non-compliance with the prevalent codes.
- Please also refer to the ECCO’18 Exhibitor & Sponsor Prospectus for a full list of ECCO Industry Guidelines (Terms & conditions).
Other activities during the 13th Congress of ECCO
The industry is allowed to organise activities/events at the given congress dates. However, it is strictly forbidden to schedule these parallel to any official ECCO event and the core programme. “Non-industry”-associated organisations that wish to hold activities in conjunction with the 13th Congress of ECCO must submit an application to the ECCO Office.
- Closed meetings of a small size (max. 20 pax) may take place during the Congress, but only invited participants may attend. These meetings shall NOT be open to the general congress participants. Please make particular effort to avoid conflicts with the scientific programme.
- No activities are to be scheduled that would take delegates away from Reed Messe Wien during the official scientific programme.
- ECCO will ensure that the location of industry meeting rooms will be outlined in the general congress signage and that the rooms themselves will have a sufficient level of signage. Please note that no movable-roll ups or other type of signage may be set up by industry meeting room sponsors in corridors outside the meeting room or in general areas.
- ECCO will only accept responsibility for booking the meeting room at Reed Messe Wien. Thereafter, the industry meeting room sponsor is responsible for organising F&B, AV and other supplies. ECCO will share contact details of the respective suppliers in due course.
- Please note that industry meetings during the 13th Congress of ECCO can only be held at Reed Messe Wien. Meetings outside the congress venue cannot be accepted.
Timing of events
- The industry is welcome to offer additional events which should, however, not take place in parallel with the official events or core programme of the congress. No events may be held in parallel to the official congress hours of the 13th Congress of ECCO:
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 07:00-20:00
- Thursday, February 15, 2018, 07:00-20:00
- Friday, February 16, 2018: 07:00-19:35
- Saturday, February 17, 2018: 07:15-13:00
- Events can be organised outside the official core programme hours of the 13th Congress of ECCO at the following times:
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018, from 20:00
- Thursday, February 15, 2018, from 20:00
- Saturday, February 17, 2018, from 13:00
- Transportation to social events must not coincide with the official congress hours of the 13th Congress of ECCO (as outlined above).