Submit an abstract
Call for abstracts
Abstract submission for ECCO 2019 is now open!
- JUNE 08, 2018
- Call for abstracts
- November 22, 2018
- Deadline for abstract submission (23:59 CET)
- There will be NO late-breaking abstract submission - submit now and get your abstract in on time!
- December 21, 2018
- Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection
Please pay careful attention to the ECCO'19 guidelines for abstract submission.
Abstract submission will be open online from June 08, 2018 to November 22, 2018 (23:59 CET).
Abstracts sent by mail, e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
Upon submission, abstracts can be edited, deleted or simply reloaded. The submitter does not necessarily have to be the primary author. Once the submission deadline expires, abstracts can only be withdrawn in writing.
All abstracts submitted by November 22, 2018 (23:59 CET) will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers.
A submitted abstract may be considered for oral presentation (ranking among the best 38 abstracts), digital oral presentation (the next best ~90 abstracts in ranking) or hard copy poster presentation.
Notifications of abstract acceptance will be e-mailed to the authors by December 21, 2018.
Please note that accepted abstracts will only be included in the final programme if the respective presenting author has formally registered and paid the registration fee.
Please pay careful attention to the ECCO'19 guidelines for abstract presentation.
- The 38 best abstracts will receive an oral presentation slot in the scientific programme of the 14th Congress of ECCO
- The next best ~90 abstracts will be digital oral presentations, with a 5-minute oral presentation either on Thursday, March 7, 2019 from 17:30 to 18:30 or on Friday, March 8, 2019 from 17:20 to 18:20
- The remaining accepted abstracts will be displayed as hard copy posters for the duration of the Congress
Every year, chairs of the digital oral presentation sessions select the Top 10 best digital oral presentations. At the closing of the congress, these TOP 10 DOPs are awarded with a prize: a certificate of award and also free congress registration to the 15th Congress of ECCO. Awarding will take place in the plenary hall during the session "Awards and closing remarks" on Saturday, March 9, 2019, 12:50-12:55.
ECCO strongly encourages young investigators to submit their original work.
There will be no late-breaking abstract submission for the 14th Congress of ECCO.
All abstracts will be available on the congress website ca. 1 month prior to the Congress. Information on abstracts accepted to the 14th Congress of ECCO will be under embargo from release until the start of the 14th Congress of ECCO.
Data from abstracts accepted to the 14th Congress of ECCO are under media embargo from abstract acceptance, December 21, 2018, until the date and time of their presentation as part of the official scientific sessions (Time zone CET).