Discover the programme
The scientific programme is structured around basic science, translational medicine and clinical sessions, given by some of the world’s top specialists. It also includes oral presentations of the best abstracts, the announcement of ECCO Fellowships and Grants and summary presentations of new ECCO Guidelines.
Scientific sessions are held from Thursday, February 15, 2018 to Saturday, February 17, 2018. No parallel sessions are scheduled. The congress registration fee includes access to all scientific sessions.
Highlights of the Scientific programme:
- Novel strategies
- Exploring early-stage disease
- Is this IBD?
- The future of IBD diagnosis and disease prediction
- Returning to a normal life with IBD
- New opportunities for IBD care and research
- Best perioperative management of IBD
- ECCO Fellowship and Grants
- IBD Horizons
- Basic Science: Evolving concepts of IBD pathogenesis
- Paediatric IBD
- Colorectal Cancer in IBD
- ECCO Lecture
The educational programme of the 13th Congress of ECCO is scheduled prior to the official start of the ECCO Congress and covers activities for ECCO’s different interest groups including young gastroenterologists, surgeons, paediatricians, IBD nurses and allied health professionals and scientists.
- 16th IBD Intensive Advanced Course
- 3rd School for Clinical Trialists
- 9th N-ECCO School
- 5th N-ECCO Research Forum
- 3rd ECCO Endoscopy Workshop
- 3rd Basic ECCO: Educational Course for Industry
- 4th Advanced ECCO: EduCational COurse for Industry
- 11th Y-ECCO Career Workshop
- 7th S-ECCO IBD Masterclass
- ClinCom Workshop
- 12th N-ECCO Network Meeting
- 5th P-ECCO Educational Course
- 6th SciCom Workshop
- 4th Y-ECCO Basic Science Workshop
- 4th EpiCom Workshop
- Basic combined imaging course
Preliminary programmes of the educational as well as the scientific programme will be published in May 2017. Online registration for the educational activities will be available in spring 2017.