ECCO is taking a voice in Public and European Affairs, striving
- to raise public and political awareness for the burden of IBD and
- to foster innovation by sizing new research opportunities offered by the Research and Innovation Programmes of the European Commission and other scientific initiatives.
In doing so, ECCO aims for transparency and collaborates with
- partner organisations and institutions to ensure the best synergies
- and appreciates the committed network of its National Societies.
The numerous projects of ECCO are also characterised by components of professional representation such as
- official accreditation of educational programmes by the European Accreditation Council for CME (EACCME®)
- initiatives focusing and fostering IBD-Nurses: N-ECCO Consensus on European nursing roles in caring for patients with CD or UC, N-ECCO Travel Award, N-ECCO Research Grant, and ECCO IBD Nurse Education Programme
- exchange and transfer of medical knowledge in between departments via Travel Awards dedicated to young investigators
- the facilitation of a job vacancy platform.